L2 Veterinary Nursing Assistant Diploma (Central Qualifications)
The Veterinary Nursing Assistant Diploma is designed to give staff the confidence to support the qualified veterinary nurse and veterinary surgeon in the clinical setting. The course will enable them to develop an underpinning knowledge and basic nursing skills.
The course allows for progression onto the Veterinary Nursing Diploma. Staff do not need to be employed in a registered Training Practice to undertake this qualification. This course is part time via supported study in college and distance learning.
- Principles and practices of animal handling and care in the veterinary environment
- Principles of infection control for animal nursing assistants
- Principles of supporting veterinary nursing care for hospitalised animals
- Companion Animal A&P
- Principles and practices of administrative duties in the veterinary care environment
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Practical support of veterinary nursing care for hospitalised patients
- Practical animal nursing support of small animal patients
There are no formal academic entry requirements for this course. We simply require that students be motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Candidates must have been resident in the EU for at least three years.
- Candidates cannot be enrolled on any other government funded training programme.
The course will take a year to complete and a practical placement must be undertaken. See the following link for further information www.cqual.org.uk/cq-en/cqvna.php. Funding available to eligible students.