Quality Assurance services
AVVT are committed to providing excellent centre services to our Training Practices.
The annual Training Practice fee includes:
- Between 1-4 visits per year dependent on risk banding to provide practice and clinical coach support
- Provision of workshops/standardisation and training
- Reviews, monitoring and final verification of the CSL
- Telephone and email support
- Enrolment of students with the awarding body
- Free CPD evenings for clinical coaches
The CSL is monitored termly for all students by the IV and sampled during support visits to ensure the student is competent. On completion of the CSL a final check is made and a report is generated and submitted to the Awarding Body.
Clinical Coach Training
AVVT provides clinical coach training to all new and existing clinical coaches. A clinical coach must be a qualified RVN or MRCVS and the initial training requires attendance at two training sessions.
All clinical coaches are invited and expected to attend standardisation events which are a compulsory requirement with the Awarding Body. This is to ensure that the clinical coach is up to date with CSL reviews, RCVS news, feedback from IV visits and AVVT latest news. These sessions are free for our practices.
AVVT is responsible for student enrolment. We will check original education certificates ensuring they meet the Awarding Body requirements. A student must enrol with their course provider before enrolling with the Awarding Body.